I loved you from afar for so long, I knew I had to have your body in my hands. Your sleek and slender shoulders I could pose as I wished. Your uniform fit so tight, as if it could not be removed. Your hands, I could easily place them where ever I wanted them. And when you came into my life you brought accessories I have never seen before. They actually made you fly right before my eyes. You didn't stay long, I grew tired of you. What made me think of you after all these years. I went searching for you. Now, after 40 years you show up on, where else, on EBAY. Curse you Major Matt Mason. Where's your helmet? At Doug Davis's house. I hate you.
Take your lead paint
sniff and your space station,
sniff sniff and take a hike to Uranus.

23 comments:
I was a girl so I don't remember that toy. Barbie, now there was a doll, we all wanted to look like.
I think you may need some rest sweetie....that or we should have you tested for lead poisoning.
Hike to Uranus.....your anus....
Are the pickings for blog topics getting slim.....or Joe on Ebay just as little too much?
Joe IS ebay.
I do not remember the name but I remember the toy, what a trip down memory lane, keep them coming, I love your blog
Never heard of him. But I must admit, I now have a crush.
Didn't you have a GI Joe? I only had a single toy, a Slinky and I straightened it.
That was really me Andrea and the Slinky line was from Ghostbusters. Suzie's leaving the COUNTRY tomorrow and I'm getting jumpy and shell shocked.
Jer's on drugs.
I know they were prescribed, but don't lift heavy machinery.
Joe were you ever infatuated with Ken, Barbie's boyfriend? He had the accessories.....you know what I'm talking about.
I couldn't afford a "Major Matt Mason" I had to settle for a "Captain Cornelius Cornhole" He came with his own helmut and Flatulence. And don't forget "Lieutenant Lenny Lameleg" and his Atomic Walker.
Jay I remember your slinky, I was getting ready for graduatin from 8th grade and you came down with it as I was leaning over and coming up from picking up my shoes at the door, you grazed my eye and for once Mom took me to the ER with a corneal abrasion, thanks for letting me remebering those memories
Sorry Jane, I loved the way you said "for once" your mom took you to the ER. I broke my wrist and my mom was HAPPY it was broken, so she hadn't wasted money on an x-ray.
I remember that but not that it was your graduation. I was swinging it over my head like a cowboy, YAHOO!!! .com
I did feel really bad about it though and wished you had Coke (TM)bottle glasses to protect you like your brother(s). They protect your eyes very well except in the case of a nuclear blast,eclipse or Marge Bruening getting the mail in her bra.
Jay, I thought the coke bottle glasses comment was funny, I laughed out loud ~ They are kind of your own personal safety goggles ~
Jer is on drugs.
Joe is at the dentist.
Joe tells me that this 'action figure' he had as a kid, and loved it. He says it was rubbery, and had wires in his arms and legs for posing, but if you bent it too much the wire broke and stuck out, at which time your mother would not take it away as being dangerous, but let her child continue to play with it.
WHERE WAS THAT RECALL?
I had a creepy crawler machine that made bugs. You poured the "goup" in, and then turned it on to cook. It got VERY HOT, but people didn't sue those days over a mild burn to a finger. Years later I bought one for Chrissy, my niece, and the goup had been changed, a low watt bulb and a bug that fell apart like jello. Toys were a lot more fun when we were kids.
Jer's now off drugs, I suspect an intervention has taken place.
I am not an addict. I am not an addict. At least not a drug addict. Food maybe.
The amazing thing for a food addict is that you don't eat meat. I'd have a hard time giving that up!
Post a Comment